Re: [Nmh-workers] Request Deprecation of mts.conf's mmdelim1 and mmdelim

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Request Deprecation of mts.conf's mmdelim1 and mmdelim2.
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 18:49:04 +0100

Hi Ken,

> >    mmdelim1: \001\001\001\001\n
> >     The beginning-of-message delimiter for mail drops.
>
> I say get rid of it now; that's support for MMDF, right?

Right.  MMDF mail spool files are the normal (headers, blank line,
body), and instead of a "Fromā£" line header and blank line tail, the
head and tail match, both being "^A^A^A^A\n".  This means emails are
separated by two lines of Ctrl-As.

> Maybe there are people out there still using MMDF, but I doubt they
> are still using nmh.

I'm only after axing the run-time tailoring of the delimiters through
mts.conf(5).  The values would instead be fixed at compile time and MMDF
spool files still handled "as well as now".  :-)

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy