Re: [Nmh-workers] Nabbing /usr/bin Space.

From: bergman
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Nabbing /usr/bin Space.
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 15:23:59 -0400

In the message dated: Thu, 25 May 2017 19:49:43 +0100,
The pithy ruminations from Ralph Corderoy on
<Re: [Nmh-workers] Nabbing /usr/bin Space.> were:
=> Hi Mark,
=>
=> > Do you mean /usr/bin/mh as a sub-directory?
=>
=> No, a new executable, e.g. `mh foo', `mh bar'.

OK, got it.

=> > I'd think that "unpackf" (or "burstmmdf") might be better off in
=> > /usr/libexec/nmh.
=>
=> Seems off to bury a command a user would want to run off-PATH over
=> there?

Not really, if:
        /usr/bin/nmh mmdfunburst

really does
        exec(/usr/libexec/nmh/mmdfunburst)

Wasn't your intention to stop polluting /usr/bin with more
executables...otherwise, where would you keep 'mmdfunburst'?

Or were you thinking that /usr/bin/nmh would have functionality that's
not available in any other executable, rather than just being a front-end,
and there wouldn't be a stand-alone program 'mmdfunburst'?

Mark

PS.
        I do like the idea of a command named "*funburst".

=>
=> --
=> Cheers, Ralph.
=> https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy
=>
=> _______________________________________________
=> Nmh-workers mailing list
=> address@hidden
=>
--
Mark Bergman    Biker, Rock Climber, SCUBA Diver, Unix mechanic, IATSE #1
Stagehand

http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=bergman%40panix.com

I want a newsgroup with a infinite S/N ratio! Now taking CFV on:
rec.motorcycles.stagehands.pet-bird-owners.pinballers.unix-supporters
15+ So Far--Want to join? Check out: http://www.panix.com/~bergman