Re: [Nmh-workers] TLS with smtp not working for me

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] TLS with smtp not working for me
Date: 31 May 2017 08:45:23 -0600

Thus said Ken Hornstein on Wed, 31 May 2017 10:19:37 -0400:

> I am  kind of torn about  this. The stuff  I have been seeing  is that
> most everybody should  be moving to TLS 1.1 or  greater, and I thought
> all of the servers out there had  supported this a long time ago. What
> do others think?

Is it  possible for the  client (nmh) to  control which ciphers  it will
negotiate with the  server? I think it  makes sense to leave  TLS 1.0 in
there as long as the client has  control over which ciphers it uses. Are
there no decent ciphers in TLS 1.0? nmh could default to a sensible list
of them and exclude TLS 1.0 if it thinks that is useful but then make it
possible for the user to tailor the list to suit their needs.

Thanks,

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 40000000592ed728