Re: [Nmh-workers] Volunteer Capacity.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Volunteer Capacity.
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 11:42:01 +0100

Hi Bob,

> (I originally intended to use 13.10 until 14.04 LTS came out.
> Laziness.  B-)

Erm, I was Ubuntu 10.10 until 2016-02-13 when this Arch Linux took over.
:-)  Finding the block of time to do the Ubuntu upgrade was a chore, and
the next one would pile up behind it.  With Arch, it's a rolling release
with a steady stream of package updates, about half a dozen a day,
though that would depend on the range of packages installed.  "core"
packages have passed through "testing" repositories that mean they've
been signed off by Arch's developers before reaching me.

I've had very little breakage.  It's always been due to my old Nvidia
hardware IIRC, and the fix has followed along promptly.  It's nice to
find up to date software to hand as packages, and to report an issue on,
say, Github and have the fix in a package update within a week.  Quite a
contrast to a nine or twelve month wait with Ubuntu, if I'm lucky, and
if I bothered to upgrade.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy