Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh-1.7-RC1: scan with complex subjects dumps core

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh-1.7-RC1: scan with complex subjects dumps core
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 14:37:39 +0100

Hi Ken,

> I'm not really liking the idea of having a code fix that only appears
> on the release branch.  I'd rather have the same code in 1.7 and
> master.  So I say apply the re-write to 1.7.

OK, I'll check-pick these across to the branch a little later on then.
Let me know if that's not the right way to do it.

    $ git log --oneline 1.7-release..HEAD sbr/fmt_scan.c
    a091c28b cpstripped(): Rewrite multi-byte version.
    8ba2c2e0 cpstripped(), single-byte: Simplify logic.
    0a934c0f cpstripped: Split into two versions, each with a single #ifdef.
    $

On other news, I've moved from Arch Linux's AUR's `nmh' package to
`nmh-git', which means whenever I re-run makepkg(1) for it the users
here get updated to HEAD.  That's good, but it's not the 1.7 branch.  I
suppose I could switch to that for a bit by modifying the git-repo URL
it pulls.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy