Re: [Nmh-workers] Minor Thing About the Welcome Message.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Minor Thing About the Welcome Message.
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 15:10:09 +0100

Hi,

> Good point.  I'm not too sure either;  it depends what the current
> needs are, or what they would be if the code was nicer.  Options
> include: just using atexit(3); ...

With good timing, this just cropped up.

With gcc 4.9.2, `-O -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2', on
1.6-branchpoint-1494-g23645d5, I get

    uip/sendsbr.c: In function ‘sendsbr’:
    uip/sendsbr.c:749:24: error: variable ‘host’ might be clobbered by
        ‘longjmp’ or ‘vfork’ [-Werror=clobbered]
         const char *addr, *host;

I guess because it's inlining handle_sendfrom into the function that
calls setjmp(3), and adios() calls that `done' function pointer which
has been set to do a longjmp() in armed_done().  Though I think the
coder is allowed to disregard inlining effects;  perhaps some gcc's get
this wrong.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy