Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg on a pathological mail

From: valdis . kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg on a pathological mail
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 18:14:06 -0400

On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 15:36:57 -0400, Ken Hornstein said:
> >Also, it SEGVs without the `/plain'.  Probably because get_ctinfo()'s
> >
> >    685     if (*cp != '/') {
> >    686         if (!magic)
> >    687             ci->ci_subtype = mh_xstrdup("");
> >    688         goto magic_skip;
> >    689     }
>
> You know ... I am looking at this now, and I cannot understand the logic
> here.  It was like this in MH 6.8 as well.  Anyone have any idea what is
> going on with this?

Looking at the one place where it passes "magic" as non-zero, I suspect it's
someplace where we allowed mhn/mhbuild directives that aren't strictly the same
syntax as the corresponding MIME constructs...

Having said that, I'd have to read uip/mhbuildsbr.c user_content() very
carefully to figure out what exactly we expect to be looking at when we get to
that point.