Re: [Nmh-workers] Where are we at for 1.7.1?

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Where are we at for 1.7.1?
Date: 29 Jan 2018 22:04:06 -0700

Thus said "Andy Bradford" on 29 Jan 2018 21:16:14 -0700:

> I'll try  to figure  out why  it's failing and  report back, ...

So, here's where I'm at; I see the script makes it to here:

if [ $iconv_elides_question_marks -eq 1 ]; then
    check "$expected" "$actual"
else
    grep "Can't convert .*us-ascii to UTF-8" "$actual" >/dev/null  ||  failed=1
fi

It enters  the else  because iconv_elides_question_marks  was previously
set to 0 and  never altered thereafter. So, why does  it expect an error
in $actual  under these conditions? Here  is what I have  in $actual and
$expected:

$ diff $actual $expected
$ echo $?
0
$ cat $actual
[ Message inbox:12 ]
Subject: invalid parameter value charset

[ part  - text/plain -   0B  ]

So, why  is this test  failing? It seems to  think that there  should be
some kind of  error in the file  that it expects mhshow  to produce, but
it's not going to.  Here is the given input for  mhshow (and output that
mhshow produces):

$ cat $MHTMPDIR/inbox/$msgnum

[ part  - text/plain -   0B  ]

Here are some  more relevant bits that were setup  prior to running this
test;  LC_ variables  were  removed  from the  environment  and a  local
appended to $MH (the .mh_profile):

$ env | grep LC
$ echo $?
1
$ tail -1 $MH
locale: en_US.UTF-8

So why does it think it needs  to change the test under these conditions
from a simple diff to a grep?

Thanks,

Andy
--