Re: [nmh-workers] inc only incorporates one email from spool

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] inc only incorporates one email from spool
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 14:02:47 +0100

Hi Scrump,

> When I incorporate mail with
> inc +inbox -file ~/mail/spool
> I only get the oldest (first at the top of the spool file) email
> incorporated into my inbox.

That's wrong behaviour.

> Is this normal?

No.

> It doesn't seem to behave like that on linux, it incorporates all the
> emails in the spool file.

Can you arrange for ~/mail/spool to have a three simple emails that
trigger this problem, copy it before the failing inc(1), and then attach
it to your reply to the list?  That way we'll be able to inc it
ourserves, and also look for anything about it that nmh might not
expect.

There's also packf(1) to put several emails into an mbox that `inc
-file' should then pull apart if you want to try more tests.

> nmh-1.7 built 2017-11-23 15:58:34 +0000 on Sierra
> Mac OSX Darwin Kernel Version 16.7.0

Where would that have come from?  Did `make check' pass?
1.7.1 is now the latest and greatest, not that I'm aware it would have
fixed anything like this.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy