Re: [nmh-workers] bug report -- message does not go away

From: Edo (Edoardo Biagioni)
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] bug report -- message does not go away
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 15:17:17 -1000

Yes indeed, it does seem that I have multiple nmh installations.
For example, I have both /usr/bin/prev, and /usr/bin/mh/prev:

  $ l /usr/bin/prev /usr/bin/mh/prev
  -rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 189416 Feb 27 22:38 /usr/bin/mh/prev*
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 175400 Oct 21  2016 /usr/bin/prev*

I renamed /usr/bin/mh to something that is not in my path, and
the symptom disappeared!!!  Life is good.  Thank you very much!

However, when I tried to send this message, I got:

  What now? send
  unable to exec /usr/bin/mh/mhbuild: No such file or directory
  /usr/bin/mh/mhbuild: exit 255

To send this message, I had to restore the /usr/bin/mh directory,
after which, I had:

  $ ls -l /usr/bin/mhbuild /usr/bin/mh/mhbuild
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 185560 Oct 21  2016 /usr/bin/mhbuild
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 283432 Feb 27 22:38 /usr/bin/mh/mhbuild

aloha, and have a great weekend!

        edo

Message <address@hidden> says:

>I told you that the message is gone, but I was wrong.  It is less
>frequent than it used to be, but it still shows up occasionally
>(this is after deleting "Welcome: disable" from the .mh_profile)
>
>For example, "prev" and "show" don't display the message, but "next"
>does.

Is it possible you have multiple nmh installations on your system?  I've
seen that happen during testing, when I was using an older nmh implementation
and a newer one at the same time.

--Ken