Re: [nmh-workers] Reproducible build patch

From: Paul Vixie
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Reproducible build patch
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 08:46:11 -0700

Ken Hornstein wrote:
It determines the style of date(1) to invoke without relying on user
input, then when that's known it invokes it again with the desired
number of seconds but without discarding stderr in case of problems, and
the existing `set -e' would exit on an error.

It occurs to me that feature tests are exactly what autoconf has been
designed to do, so maybe we should put the smarts in there?

what occurs to me is, this is how windows and mac got so big so fast.

--
P Vixie