Re: [nmh-workers] nmh 1.7.1: both bcc and dcc broken for mts sendmail/pi

From: Alexander Zangerl
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] nmh 1.7.1: both bcc and dcc broken for mts sendmail/pipe
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 10:37:22 +1000

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:57:49 -0500, Ken Hornstein writes:
>And it strikes me as a bad idea to have Bcc behave
>differently depending on the MTS you are using.  So I think when
>stripping Bcc out of the original draft and putting it IN the Bcc draft
>makes the most sense.

very good, we're thinking along the same lines here.

>Well ... where should this be documented better?

what i meant was that the send manpage for example just says 'if you have dcc
and anything but sendmail/pipe then...' but doesn't say what happens
when you're on pipe.
it's similar regarding that bcc is meant to produce those warning
encrustations; not having used non-silent bcc in decades
i couldn't figure that out fully from the manpages, but had to look
at the source.

>Really, if you have some suggestions I would
>be glad to make them; I don't want to shove this on you, especially if
>you are contributing a bug fix.

no problem, i'll try to update the send and post manpages where applicable.

>I firmly believe that post should reject the message immediately and nothing
>should be sent.

thanks for your advice; i'll work towards these in the next few days
and will let you know when i have something workable.

regards
az

--
Alexander Zangerl + GPG Key 2FCCF66BB963BD5F + http://snafu.priv.at/
Windows95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit shell of an 8-bit OS originally