oath-toolkit-help

Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] dynalogin now in F-droid for Android

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] dynalogin now in F-droid for Android
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 14:27:21 +0200

On 04/09/12 11:31, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Daniel Pocock <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've recently added dynalogin and Lumicall into F-droid
>>
>>   http://www.f-droid.org
>>
>> Here is the link for dynalogin:
>>

>> http://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=dynalogin&fdid=org.dynalogin.android&fdpage=1
>>
>> The main benefit of this is that people can now have more certainty
>> that the binary they are installing can be traced back to the
>> published source
>>
>> I would emphasize that there is no way to have this certainty with
>> Google Play / Android Market, as they make no effort to verify that a
>> binary uploaded by a developer corresponds to a tag in the open source
>> release of an app.
>
> Cool!
>
> Is there any GUI for this?  A screenshot would be useful to illustrate
> what it does. :-)

There are a couple of screenshots on Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dynalogin.android&hl=en

It is just a very basic HOTP soft-token with support for multiple profiles.

> Btw, is there any oath-toolkit code built here?  Any issues building for
> Android?

It is all Java.  It doesn't actually share any code from the dynalogin
server or oath-toolkit.  I just use the same name and web site for both
projects (server and soft-token) because they work together.

In theory, I could use the code from oath-toolkit with Android's NDK,
but it is not really necessary for such a simple implementation