oath-toolkit-help

[OATH-Toolkit-help] Important Step window information missing from Verbo

From: Bazley, Simon James (RIS-MRM)
Subject: [OATH-Toolkit-help] Important Step window information missing from Verbose output
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 14:31:06 +0000

Hi All,

So I want to suggest a feature request that in addition to the current information in the verbose output for oathtool, can a line be added to either give the number of seconds remaining until the current step window closes, or such information as to enable a script to work that out (such as the step window start time, either in unixtime or as a timestamp).

So I use oathtool extensively with my company MFA login, and struggle with the fact that it might take a few seconds from my script prompting me the window of 3 oathtool mfa responses, and when I’ve managed to type in my response and press return.  If I knew that the first of the 3 response oathtool was giving me, only had a few seconds left in the window, then I’d not waste my time trying to race the clock to send that as the response, I’d just wait for the next one.  The issue comes in that I only have 3 attempts and my account gets locked, and if I waste 1 of those on an expired window, it means a typo can waste 5 minutes getting my account unlocked.

Is there a core oathtool github repository somewhere that I can clone from, to make the changes and submit a push request back?

Si

---------------------------------------- The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.