Re: [Octal-dev] OCTAL Technical Article!!!

From: Steve Mosher
Subject: Re: [Octal-dev] OCTAL Technical Article!!!
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 17:41:55 -0300

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Daniel wrote:
> i also have a theory, but about the
> "opposite" transformation: time
> stretching/compression *without*
> pitch-shifting.  perhaps similar
> solutions apply?  does anyone know what
> the state-of-the-art algorithm is for
> non-pitch-shifting time dilation?

        Well, Fourier Transforms will do it for you. I read the theory
behind it today. An analogy would be making a vector image; it's more of a
formula than 'data'. This can be used to do both, if you can do one, you
can do the other, by applying one, and then changing the rate.

                if you want to understand how it works. I hope this site
grows, it rocks.