parallel octave

From: Ross A. Lippert
Subject: parallel octave
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 14:09:30 -0700

I have written an interface to the PVM3 library for octave.  PVM is a
high level parallel computing interface.  Not only that, but it also
allows for multiple
process management on a single processor.  With the pvm daemon running
an octave process can communicate with another octave process running on
the same
host or on a different host.

Anyhow, I think this is cool, but I don't know if it is of sufficient
general interest to warrant trying to include such a thing in the
general
distribution, esp since most people don't really install PVM on their
machine
and bc PVM is maintained by another group who may produce incompatible
versions later on...   It is, however, possible for the config script to
detect if PVM has been
installed by checking to see if an environment variable PVM_ROOT has
been set or not.

Anyhow, this package can be found at
www.cs.sandia.gov/~ripper/pvmoct.html

-r