IRIX compilers

From: Ben Sapp
Subject: IRIX compilers
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 07:55:59 -0700

I tried to compile octave-2.1.28 on IRIX 6.5 with the IRIX compilers.

% setenv CC cc
% setenv CXX CC
% ./configure --prefix=${MY_PREFIX} --with-f77

It seems all the c and fortran stuff work alright.  I get errors with
c++.   Below is the first error I see.  Can you give me suggestions on
what to try?

 gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr3/ben/cvs/octave-2.1.28/liboctave'
CC -c  -I. -I.. -I../liboctave -I../src -I../libcruft/misc  -I../glob
-I../glob -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g Bounds.cc
"Bounds.cc", line 31: error(1005): could not open source file "iostream"
  #include <iostream>
                     ^

1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of "Bounds.cc".
Compilation terminated.
gmake[2]: *** [Bounds.o] Error 2

I get similar errors for a number of include files including but not
limited to:

iostream,cassert,cfloat,cstdlib,cstring,cctype,cerrno,climits,new, and
strstream.

I also noticed that I have these files in /usr/local/include/g++  should
I simply add this to the include path?  Some of these file with a '.h'
appended to them are in /usr/include/CC.  For example, iostream.h, new.h
and strstream.h.

Thanks.

--
Ben Sapp                         Los Alamos National Laboratory
email: <mailto:address@hidden>   Phone: (505)667-3277