problems and patch for sco

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: problems and patch for sco
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 03:34:10 +0100

Hi

There are two things that I always have to do to compile Octave on my
sco3.2v5.0.4 system.

1-I have to change the Makefile, octave target, and replace
   ../glob/libglob.a
with
   ../glob/glob.o ../glob/fnmatch.o

The reason is that my system has a buggy glob/fnmatch in libc.so, and so
fnmatch() and glob() are early resolved by the linker, with the result
that Octave libglob.a is never used. It does not matter where in the
command line ../glob/libglob.a appears.
This can't be solved except substituting the library by its two object
files.

   LIBGLOB='$(TOPDIR)/glob/glob.o $(TOPDIR)/glob/fnmatch.o'

After all the library only has two object files...

2-The other modification is that I have to prepend
LD_RUN_PATH=$LD_RUN_PATH:/usr/local/lib/octave-2.1.30 to $(CXX), also in
the octave target.
The reason is that -rpath is not supported by my system.
The only possibility that I see is to define a symbol for Makeconf.in,
configure.in and src/Makefile.in, LD_CXX e.g., that on all systems will
be equal to CXX, except on sco where it will be

LD_CXX="LD_RUN_PATH=$LD_RUN_PATH:$(octlibdir) $CXX"

The enclosed patch "correct" this problems and add some more
configuration  specific stuf to sco.

Thanks,
Joao