Re: License/redistribution of Fortran source from Netlib ??

From: James R. Van Zandt
Subject: Re: License/redistribution of Fortran source from Netlib ??
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 20:54:17 -0400 (EDT)

> Can someone associated with Octave tell me what they
> know about licensing Netlib or other archive source code?

I think the netlib code that Octave uses all dates back to "the good
old days" when uploading code to an ftp archive implied that it was
public domain.  If the code has been sitting there a long time, and
the author has never bothered to add an explicit license, what else
does he expect us to assume?

        - Jim Van Zandt