CVS server down?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: CVS server down?
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 00:11:45 -0600

On 11-Dec-2001, Steven G. Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:

| Anonymous CVS access abruptly stopped working for me a couple of days ago,
| and hasn't come back up yet.  I always get messages like
|
| % cvs log
| cvs [log aborted]: connect to www.octave.org:2401 failed: Connection refused
|
| Has anyone else been experiencing this?  Is it expected to come back up
| soon?

Sorry.  Last week, we had an intruder on one of the systems that I
manage and I reviewed the access limits on all our systems.  I
couldn't remember why CVS pserver access was allowed, so I turned it
off.  I've just now allowed it again, and this time I even put some
comments in the files so maybe I'll remember why I'm allowing CVS
access on the web server the next time I look.

Thanks,