Octave 2.2.x Was: A group in Norway ...

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave 2.2.x Was: A group in Norway ...
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:46:16 -0500

On 20-Jun-2003, Andy Adler <address@hidden> wrote:

| I would limit my involvement to fixing bugs. People who want
| new features would need to use the devel version

Right, that's all that should happen in the stable release.  When I
was trying to do this for 2.1.x and 2.0.x, the trouble was deciding
when a new feature could also be considered a bug fix.  So I think you
have to be very strict and only make changes that fix critical bugs.

The job will mean following the bugs list and being able to apply
changes (sometimes by hand because patches for the development sources
won't work for the stable sources).  Sometimes this could mean
extracting a diff from CVS, but I would usually be able to supply a
patch for the development version that would serve as a starting
point.

If you really want to do this, then we need to decide what should go
in a 2.2.0 release.