Re: mkoctfile, LINK_DEPS and -lhdf5

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: mkoctfile, LINK_DEPS and -lhdf5
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 02:26:48 -0500

On Feb 14, 2004, at 7:32 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 14-Feb-2004, Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> wrote:

| Robert Kirchner reported a Mac OS X build failure to
| me (private mail), which I believe can be traced to
| mkoctfile not including $LIBS on the LINK_DEPS
| line.
|
| Specifically, the failure is that it is not finding
| the H5 routines in David Bateman's ov-galois.cc
| since -lhdf5 is not on the link line.
|
| I notice $FLIBS is not there either, but I have no
| evidence that this is a problem.
<snip>
Also, I added FLIBS to the definition of LINK_DEPS in mkoctfile.  Is
there any case where that could cause a problem?  We already link to
libcruft, which depends on FLIBS, so I don't see how it could.

What about LIBS?  Any reason not to include it, too?

The other alternative is to use the following for those files
linked against -lhdf5:

        mkoctfile uses_hdf.o -o uses_hdf.oct `mkoctfile -p LIBS`

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden