windows binaries

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: windows binaries
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 00:10:10 -0500

To those of you who are interested in how the windows binaries
for octave should be built, I've laid out a page on the wiki:

        http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?WindowsPackageDesign

Please make this a living document and add suggestions.

Let's see if this is a better way of hashing things out than
a flurry of e-mails on the list.

The biggest problem I see is that wiki is pull not push ---
maybe the wiki master can figure out a way to send a daily
summary of the pages which changed (with links for
convenience).   Highlights for everything new that day (or
since the last change if it was not today) would be nice too.

I do hope somebody is backing up the wiki, preferably
in a format that doesn't require the wiki engine to read it.
Similarly, some of us should be taking  daily backups of
the octave-forge CVS tree.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden