blanks.m fix

From: Teemu Ikonen
Subject: blanks.m fix
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:43:08 +0300

Hi all,

I noticed the blanks.m function still uses the deprecated setstr() function.
Attached is a new version of blanks.m which uses the char() function and
also accepts two input arguments in order to return a string (or char)
matrix, which I happened to need.

BTW, I get this out of char with an ND-matrix input:

octave:24> s = char(ones(3,3,3) * toascii("A"))
s =

 AAA
 AAA
 AAA

octave:25> whos s

*** local user variables:

prot  type                       rows   cols  name
 rwd  string                        3      3  s

Is this a bug or feature?

Best wishes,

Teemu