Re: mingw buils

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: mingw buils
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:26:34 -0400

Paul,

I got a running octave without readline and some broken stuff
which I don't remember at the moment.

At the time Ctrl-C was never going to work because windows
reports it to another thread, so the only way to break the current
context is to poll for it (obviously cygwin found a workaround,
and I chased through the code for a while before deciding it
was more than I wanted to put into Octave).  This is moot
now since Octave has gone the same route as windows,
requiring a poll for error in every loop [it's a mixed blessing---now
Octave is more careful with resources but less responsive to
Ctrl-C], so Windows style error handling will be easier now.

IIRC, John applied all the patches I sent him, so it may be a
simple matter of recompiling.  I haven't got back to it since Octave
went the polling route.

- Paul K