Re: Wiki errors

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Wiki errors
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 07:44:49 -0400

On Oct 4, 2004, at 7:38 AM, Per Persson wrote:

On Oct 4, 2004, at 13:22, Paul Kienzle wrote:

It happened to me again.  Here's Safari's error box:

        Safari can't find the server.

        Safari can’t open the page “http://wiki.octave.org/”
        because it can’t find the server “wiki.octave.org”.

Any other Safari users experiencing problems?

Nope, but I notice a delay of a second or two before the page renders. Maybe a time-out of sorts on your machine, not waiting long enough for the information? Did you try emptying Safari's cache (Safari -> Empty Cache... or SHIFT+CMD+E)?

I was guessing a timeout problem, but I'm not much of a sysadmin, so
I wouldn't know where to look for it.  Emptying the cache doesn't help.

Since it only seems to be me who is experiencing difficulties, I'm happy
to drop this, though if someone with more knowledge of internet plumbing
could get the delay for accessing the wiki the first time down, that would
be good too.

- Paul