Building octave on windows MinGW

From: Laurent Mazet
Subject: Building octave on windows MinGW
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:58:42 +0200

Hi,

Few weeks ago, I managed to compile Octave 2.1.60 on MinGW 1.0.9. It's not
fully functional but... Here are some remarks:

- I forget to compile readline so my binary is not really usable. I'm not sure
that readline compile on MinGW

- I used ./configure --disable-static --enable-shared --disable-readline
--enable-dl

- I added -lwsock32 which wasn't detected by ./configure

- In /usr/include/winnt.h, I disabled typedef union IMAGE_AUX_SYMBOL because of
a name conflict with Array.

- For liboctinterp I added a $(DLD_PICOBJ) into the rule of src/Makefile

- In src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/sort.cc, I 'sed'  s/= octave_NaN/= lo_ieee_nan_value ()/

- I finish install by hand, copying some dlls into the binary directory.

And it works. Just see the screenshot ;-)

---8<---
address@hidden /local/bin
$ octave
GNU Octave, version 2.1.60 (i686-pc-mingw32).
Copyright (C) 2004 John W. Eaton.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

a = 1
a = 1
a + 2
ans = 3
b = 3
b = 3
svd(randn(10))
ans =

  5.04293
  4.58952
  4.06259
  3.51172
  2.99096
  1.52523
  1.30556
  1.12114
  0.80163
  0.52345
--->8---

--
Dr. Laurent Mazet: Research Engineer /V\ Centre de Recherche de MOTOROLA
Tel: +33 (0)1 69 35 48 30 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Email: address@hidden