src/oct-gperf.h enum values - with error messages

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: src/oct-gperf.h enum values - with error messages
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:55:05 -0500

On 30-Nov-2004, Clinton Chee <address@hidden> wrote:

| Sorry, forgot to include error messages.
| The messages are typically:
|

|   cc-1491 CC: ERROR File = octave.gperf, Line = 96
|    A template argument cannot reference an unnamed type.
|
|               ^
|
|        if (len <= MAX_WORD_LENGTH && len >= MIN_WORD_LENGTH)
|      MDiagArray2<Complex> &)"    &operator+=(MArray<double> &, const
| MArray<double> &)"               ^
|

| cc-1491 CC: ERROR File = octave.gperf, Line = 96
|    A template argument cannot reference an unnamed type.
|

|   "MDiagArray2<Complex>         ^
|

|      if (len <= MAX_WORD_LENGTH && len >= MIN_WORD_LENGTH)
|

|   CC: ERROR File = octave.gperf, Line = 96
|    A template argument cannot reference an unnamed type.
|

|       ^
|                ^
|

|      if (len <= MAX_WORD_LENGTH && len >= MIN_WORD_LENGTH)
|

|                 ^
| &operator-=(MArray<Complex> &, const MArray<Complex> &)"
|
|    detected during instantiation ofdetected during instantiation ofcc-1468

Those lines seem badly wrapped.  Can you send the output in a way that
will preserve the spacing properly so it is clear what the ^
characters are pointing to?

What file is being compiled when the error occurs?  What is the
command line for the compiler?  I assume it must be lex.cc as that is
the only file that should include oct-gperf.h, but I don't see what
template instantiations would happen when compiling that file.

If you were using g++, I'd ask for a copy of the preprocessed source
(generated with the -save-temps option).  Is there an equivalent way
to generate the preprocessed source on your system with using
precisely the same options that are used for compiling?