started work on new version of LAPACK

From: Piotr Luszczek
Subject: started work on new version of LAPACK
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:43:26 -0500

Hello all,

on behalf of the LAPACK/ScaLAPACK team I'd like to inform you that
we have just received funding to work on a new version
of LAPACK and ScaLAPACK.

Right now we are soliciting input from various groups that use the software.
Octave community is an important user and we would like to hear
from you.

I have subscribed to this list so I will receive any responses and pass
them along to the rest the LAPACK/ScaLAPACK team.

Here is a list to give you a brief idea of the issues we are trying
to address:

- programming language of new implementation (we will keep the old code
as it is)
- support for threading (OpenMP, pthreads, etc.)
- 64-bit addressing
- new/improved routines
- IEEE 794 (floating-point) support

Please let us know what you think.