Re: merging functions from octave-forge

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: merging functions from octave-forge
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:44:44 -0500

David Bateman wrote:

I support this fully, and will help a bit with the time. But please can others on this list see this as a call for help and make the necessary changes to the functions John mentions that they own.

This should all go together with a major decruftication of octave-forge, as there are lots of special casing for different versions of octave, and lots of code that is obseleted by other changes in octave (bitand, trisolve, SymBand).

I own a function or two in octave-forge, and I'm willing to take on some others as I have time. After making any necessary modifications, what is the best way of dealing with them, send to one of the lists? Also, I thought about working on updating the octave-forge plotting commands to deal with the new syntax, but I'm wondering what the plans are for octave-forge. Do we want to split into new and old branches in CVS as has been done for octave 2.1 and 2.9, or just move ahead assuming the new releases of octave forge will be only for new releases of octave (which is fine with me)?

-Quentin