Re: [OctDev] Octave-forge packaging

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Octave-forge packaging
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:12:24 +0200

* Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> [2005-04-24 10:39]:

> Personal views aside, I'm content to remove any of my code from
> octave-forge if John believes it violates his license.  That includes
> gcv since I'm responsible for putting it there.  You will have to
> decide for yourself what to do with gpc. At a minimum I can remove
> nonfree from future releases if the Debian and Fedora maintainers
> insist.  Let me know.

I only now realized that the nonfree directory is distributed in the
octave-forge tarball and this is apparently the source of the problems. I
think we should drop it, such that the tarball becomes really free under
the strict FSF interpretation.

A question to John: octave-gpc is distributed as a separate tarball in
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888.  Is this okay
with you?

--
Rafael