Re: save options handling

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: save options handling
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:45:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, David Bateman wrote:

Daniel J Sebald wrote:

Errr, if there existed a "-nozip" option this would have been the logic. Unfortunately there isn't. Either implementing complementary options or only using the default_save_options if there are no other options would be very easy. I tend to feel that complementary options are better, as in some ways its closer to the old logic, and if you had

default_save_options = "-binary";
save -zip test.mat x

complementary options are the only ones that make sense....

Attached find a patch to add the "-nozip" option...

As someone who is more of a user, I'd think that if I give any options they would override the defaults, and it would be hard for me to debug if there were other default options that took effect when I gave options. If you keep the default options when specific options are used, it would be helpful to at least give a warning that the other options were used.

Bill

--
"Maybe I shouldn't learn about life from a guy who counts with his toes."
"And thinks with his guts."