ARPACK interface for octave 2.9.x

From: David Bateman
Subject: ARPACK interface for octave 2.9.x
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 22:26:13 +0200

Dear All,

Please find attached my first try at an interface to ARPACK for the 2.9.x sparse type, that implements only the eigs function. It seems to work for the basic eigs(A), but I definitely know it won't work in many other cases. In particular many of the additional arguments (eg opts.cholB, opts.permB, B) are either ignored or probably treated incorrectly. Basically I know nothing of the use of ARPACK and so am looking for someone who might have some good test cases for all of the functionality of eigs, and if motivated to help in debugging the rest of this stuff, and so sending this function to the list is a request for help...

Enjoy
David