Re: packaging system

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: packaging system
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:55:34 +0200

Stefan van der Walt wrote:
[snip]
In the end, one should be able to do

help('toolboxname')

And get something similar to the MATLAB output:

Signal Processing Toolbox

funname - Short Description

The Short Description can be dynamically extracted from each file on
its own -- we just need the funname -> toolbox relationship, as well
as toolbox descriptions.  If the package structure offers this, it's fine.
I see. I didn't know matlab had such a functionality. The package structure offers the same, but only per package. So if a toolbox consists of several packages, there would be a need for a
toolbox -> package1, ..., packageN
relationship.

So the question is, to which extend should packages and toolboxes differ? Do we need toolboxes if we have packages?

/Søren
Regards
Stefan