Re: packaging system

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: Re: packaging system
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:04:31 +0200

Hi Soren

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 12:26:14PM +0200, Søren Hauberg wrote:
> Introducing a toolbox field in DESCRIPTION doesn't make sense to as the
> package would then need to know which packages depends  on it.

Why?  There are a set set of toolboxes.  Your package must just know
to which toolbox it contributes?  The problem that we were discussing
earlier, is what happens when your package contributes to more than
one toolbox.

Anyway, I don't see it being a major hassle: include an INDEX file
with each package, and let Octave parse those index files whenever
someone wants help('toolbox').  We have the code to do so already.

Regards
Stéfan