RE: Fwd: [Bug c++/14563] octave built under Cygwin very slow]

From: Paul Billings
Subject: RE: Fwd: [Bug c++/14563] octave built under Cygwin very slow]
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 09:56:41 -1000

I had no trouble building octave 2.1.71 with gcc3.4.4.  Unfortunately, it
does not bring up a command prompt (or any of the initial text output) --
just hangs with CPU usage 0% and ctrl-c doesn't work.  I haven't traced
through to see what it's waiting for.  Since my real desire is octave speed
and from other negative comments I've seen about that version, I don't think
I will pursue the gcc3.4.4 route.

I started to build gcc3.3.3 with --disable-sjlj-exceptions, but having never
done it before, I was a bit overwhelmed by what seemed to be required.

Paul