std library allocator bug

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: std library allocator bug
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:18:28 +0200

Hi,

I noticed the following item in the Debian Weekly News:

Standard C++ Library Modification. Matthias Klose [6]announced that
the memory allocator in the standard C++ library will be changed which
requires several packages to be rebuilt for which he has appended a
list. The library will be updated by new versions of the [7]gcc-3.4
and [8]gcc-4.0 packages. Maintainers may have to [9]rename the
binary packages to reflect the new dependency.

 6. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/11/msg00010.html
 7. http://packages.debian.org/gcc-3.4
 8. http://packages.debian.org/gcc-4.0
 9. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/07/msg00001.html

Will this fix the problems we've been having?

Cheers
Stéfan