Re: message ids for warnings and errors

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: message ids for warnings and errors
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:50:15 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:

On  6-Dec-2005, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| Some can be found by typing
| | warning query all | | in the matlab prompt. Although this will only give you the warnings with
| preset defaults.

Try

 warning query all
 warning on all
 warning query all

Do you get different lists for the first and second query?

Yes, but unfortunately not what I think you were hoping for:

>> warning query all
The default warning state is 'on'. Warnings not set to the default are

 State  Warning Identifier

   off  MATLAB:UsingLongNames
   off  MATLAB:intConvertNaN
   off  MATLAB:intConvertNonIntVal
   off  MATLAB:intConvertOverflow
   off  MATLAB:intMathOverflow
   off  MATLAB:max:mixedIntegerScalarDoubleInputs
   off  MATLAB:max:mixedSingleDoubleInputs
   off  MATLAB:min:mixedIntegerScalarDoubleInputs
   off  MATLAB:min:mixedSingleDoubleInputs
 error  MATLAB:mir_variable_with_script_name
   off  MATLAB:mir_warning_unrecognized_pragma
   off  MATLAB:nonScalarConditional