Re: wav error

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: wav error
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:46:34 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 14-Dec-2005, Bill Denney wrote:
>
> | Something just occurred to me.  As far as I know, the c: drive is always
> | put into /cygdrive/c/ in cygwin.  Would it be feasible to always translate
> | "<alpha>:\" at the beginning of a filename into "/cygdrive/<alpha>/"?
> | This would be a bit of a hack, but it would help many windows users out.
>
> I don't think Octave (and every application) should have to deal with
> details like this.  If you want to have this kind of magic translation
> happen, then isn't the place for that the Cygwin code that handles
> files?  I suspect there is a reason that they have not already done
> this.

Cygwin already takes care of this, so there is no need for octave
to do it. The only requirement is to escape '\'.

Thus the following are equivalent:

fopen("/cygdrive/D/Program Files/vim/_vimrc")
fopen("D:/Program Files/vim/_vimrc")
fopen("D:/Progra~1/vim/_vimrc")
fopen("D:\\Progra~1\\vim\\_vimrc")
fopen("/cygdrive\\D\\Program Files\\vim\\_vimrc")

but not:

fopen("\\cygdrive\\D\\Program Files\\vim\\_vimrc")

--
Andy Adler <address@hidden> 1(613)562-5800x6218