Duplicate Messages (was Re: Octave GUI 0.5)

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Duplicate Messages (was Re: Octave GUI 0.5)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:06:19 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno wrote:

OT: I'm using gmail though, so I see only one copy. Can your mail
client recognise copies of the same message? There might be a setting
somewhere...

I have been thinking of the issue recently, too. I found this page that will help remove duplicate Message-IDs. It requires procmail, but I'm guessing that may help a significant chunk of the people here.

http://www.cs.umn.edu/help/email/dupes.php

Bill

--
"Everything great and intelligent is in the minority."
  -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe