Re: How to break out of a computation?

From: Sebastien Loisel
Subject: Re: How to break out of a computation?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 00:13:21 +0100

If the code in pager.cc is close to what you want, but doesn't quite
do everything you need, then we can probably fix things so that it
as we've been discussing, this isn't possible in MinGW. The C++ way is to add a virtual write() function to octave_pager_stream, whose default logic is something like

Upon further consideration of pager.cc, I think what you're getting at is the diary functionality, and I notice now that any embedder will necessarely break that as it is right now.

The most natural way of extending the code to allow for an embedder, in the style it's written currently, would be to allow for external_pager not to be an oprocstream, but some object with all virtual functions, which I could set from the embedder. (Basically, they'd be callbacks.)

Well, you tell me.

Sébastien Loisel