Intel Mac?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Intel Mac?
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 22:17:34 -0500

On  7-Mar-2006, Jonathan Shea wrote:

| I'm _dying_ to get a build working on my new Intel Core-Duo based
| computer, but I haven't even found anything (free) that will compile
| Fortran, much less successfully built octave.
|
| I realize this might be one of those "not as easy as it seems"
| issues, but I thought I'd throw it out there, just in case it wasn't
| happening for lack of requests. If there's anything I can do to help,
| please let me know.

I have no idea how easy or difficult it would be.  I'd guess that most
people on the list do not have access to Intel Mac systems.  Also,
most people working on Octave are volunteers who do the things they do
because they want to, not because there are requests for features.  If
this port is important to you, then please help make it happen by
either doing some of the work yourself or perhaps provide access to a
system for someone who can help but doesn't have a system to work
with.

in any case, what tools are available?  Is it not possible to build
GCC on this system?