Re: Intel Mac?

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Intel Mac?
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:57:05 -0700

Jonathon,
I think there is a basic Fink up and running for the Intel Macs. Have you tried that? I know fink provides everything I need for my PowerPC Mac, but since FinkIntel is still preliminary, you might have a heck of a time getting ALL the dependencies to compile. Good luck. I would be interested to see MacIntel benchmarks. Plus, I am contemplating getting a MacbookPro for when I go back to school this fall and was wondering how it would compare to a powerful Dell for scientific computing.

John Swensen

Jonathan Shea wrote:
Hi everyone,

I love octave, and I'd like to thank you for all the work that's gone into it.

I'm _dying_ to get a build working on my new Intel Core-Duo based computer, but I haven't even found anything (free) that will compile Fortran, much less successfully built octave.

I realize this might be one of those "not as easy as it seems" issues, but I thought I'd throw it out there, just in case it wasn't happening for lack of requests. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Thanks again,

-Jon