Re: 2.9.5 and 2.1.73

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: 2.9.5 and 2.1.73
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:29:10 +0100

> 5.0.2 installer comes with 3.4.4, so it wouldn't fix it.

Then you're saying that we need gcc 4.1 or newer? I don't want to have
to compile gcc for MinGW just for octave but rather use the current
stable version in MinGW. This leaves recompiling gcc 3.4.4 with the
right flag to avoid this bug as described in the bug report. Apparently
there is binary compatibility between the two versions of the compiler
is this case, but god what a mess. A better solution anyone? In fact
before setting out on such a horrid solution, can we confirm somehow
that this gcc bug is in fact the cause of our problem. If I understand
correctly then its a DLL issue, and so a fully static build of octave
shouldn't have this problem. You won't be able to use oct-files, so
maybe you won't be able to generate the problem in any case.

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary