Re: Jump from 2.1.65 to 2.9.5

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Jump from 2.1.65 to 2.9.5
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 23:25:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

I've upgraded from 2.1.65 to 2.9.5 and notice a couple things so far:

1) What I used to use in 2.1.65 is:

  [output,status] = system([gnuplot_binary " --version"]);

and I've had to switch that to:

  [status,output] = system([gnuplot_binary " --version"]);

in 2.9.5.  The documentation still reads:
[...]

This is a documentation bug. The system function was changed for compatibility.

2) In something like sprintf('e\n') the '\n' is interpretted correctly. However, in __gnuplot_raw('e\n') the escape character is treated as '\' and 'n'. (I assume it was desired to behave that way.)

Strings are now interpreted differently depending on the quotes used. Single quotes (') work as in matlab with no interpretation of the string, and double quotes (") use backslash escaping. You are probably looking for the double quote.

Bill

--
"For I am Xander, king of cretins.  May all other cretins bow before
me."