Re: Jump from 2.1.65 to 2.9.5

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Jump from 2.1.65 to 2.9.5
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 23:01:17 -0500

Bill Denney wrote:

This is a documentation bug. The system function was changed for compatibility.

OK, thanks.

Strings are now interpreted differently depending on the quotes used. Single quotes (') work as in matlab with no interpretation of the string, and double quotes (") use backslash escaping. You are probably looking for the double quote.

Hmm, alright.  So I'm guessing that this might not be correct then:

octave:11> sprintf('hi\nthere')
ans = hi
there

which currently is the same as with " ", unless the printf() family has been
fixed in CVS.

So, I shouldn't be writing lines like this:

   __gnuplot_raw__ (sprintf ('set nokey\n'));

but instead like this

   __gnuplot_raw__ ("set nokey\n");

?

gvim's highlighting works better with single quotes than with double quotes,
unfortunately.

Dan