Re: Patches to vte accepted

From: Tom Holroyd (NIH/NIMH) [E]
Subject: Re: Patches to vte accepted
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:49:20 -0400

Looks nice.  Just to be clear on terminology, this is an IDE (integrated
development environment), yes?  That is, a UI (user interface) for Octave
itself.  There are seperate projects for GUIs that apps can use, and of course
these elements probably need to communicate with each other.

Within your IDE, is it possible for an octave function to create and manage a
window full of widgets?

John Swensen wrote:
I got the patches suggested by jwe (and others previously) fixed up and
accepted by the libvte maintainers. They are included in version 0.13. I have made slow, but steady progress on my UI and it should be ready
for a release soon.  You can see a new screenshot at

http://swenmac.homeip.net:8080/oui.png

I am hoping to have a release done soon.  I am going back to school this
fall and will be quiting work on June 2, so I should have much more time
to work on it between when I quit work and start school.

John Swensen

--
Tom Holroyd, Ph.D.
I would dance and be merry,