Re: path handling

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: path handling
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:35:12 -0400

On 11-May-2006, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| In R, you have to load you packages manually in a similar way.

| Is it? I'm probably misunderstanding things, as I don't really see the mess.

The mess is that I would like for some things to happen automatically.
I don't think that users should not have to explicitly load packages
that are installed in a system directory.

Perhaps the simplest solution is to just use genpath on the system
directories when Octave starts and then leave everything else to the
user.  This approximates what we had before, but explicitly lists the
directories in the default path.