Re: XML tools for Octave

From: Schloegl Alois
Subject: Re: XML tools for Octave
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:01:25 +0200

Currently, the biggest issue for me is that the outcome needs some postprocessing.
Instead of
    X.data.='aECG'
    X.sub = {anystruct}

I'd like to see
    X.aECG = {anystruct}

Yes. This would be much better.

Instead of just complaining, I've decided to make a positive proposal.

Attached is a concept parser (it just parses files to stdout), based
on the libexpat library.

The advantage is that libexpat is available on all linux platforms and
is distributed with Matlab on windows, so it would be fairly easy to
port to Matlab as well.

Could you take a look to give some feedback on this parser?

I was able to compile it and applied it to the test files.
It presents the file content on the terminal output, but I was not able to redirect it.

In order to be useful, the parsed data need to be converted to a Octave variable with nested structs. Are you going to implement this?

Alois