Re: Test web-site of new octave-forge web-site including all packages

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Test web-site of new octave-forge web-site including all packages
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:00:57 +0200

Shai Ayal wrote:
> It looks  very nice, although I would like to second John's request
> that there should be some graphic difference from the octave site --
> maybe a different colorset or just a different background color.
At first Soren and I tried to have no javascript at all on the site. The
pulldown menus in the function reference is javascript and so maybe we
shouldn't be so strict on that point.

> I have one small style comment -- Can you have a concise list of
> packages? The current list is a few screens long -- in the old site
> you could see all packages at a glance, and the frames interface was
> very nice. I know that frames have fallen out of  style in these days
> of CSS, but it was really one of the strongest features of the old
> site.
This might be a matter of just reorganizing the page and CSS. Putting
the links for the details and download beside the package title rather
than under it, might allow almost all of the packages on a single page.
However, I'm not sure that this is desirable, though will of course go
with a consensus opinion.

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only